Beauty, music, bellydance, the Dark Goddess, Nature, magick, ritual-theatre, death and love.

compendium of Aepril's communications on art, beauty, bellydance, the dark, faery tale, nature, magick, ritual, theatre, death and love. The talk of a priestess and shaman of the Dark Goddess.

Monday, July 25, 2011

I miss being a forest witch

I miss being a forest witch!

(Right after I wrote the above statement, a cacophony of crows and jays began calling! I love corvids!)

I love Salem, don't get me wrong. Witch City, indeed! But it's a suburb. I am wishing for more breathing room again. I would love more isolation, more room to be with the forest, listening and working and playing in it.

I've lived like this before...years ago. And while I don't want to be so far away as to give up the artistic and social culture that more populated places have to offer, I miss the voices and quiet of the woods.

6 comments:

  1. Woman, is there no forest ANYWHERE near you? One would think Salem would be perfect for this sort of setup.

    Run away with us...we *ahem* may be headed to farmland and forest nearby, sometime in the NEAR future :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is forest, but I have to get in a car to get there. I want it to be CLOSE, to live IN it again! I want the best of both worlds, dammit!

    Tell me more about your future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep thinking about your comment during my reading about maybe I wasn't meant to live in the city...I tend to agree but my work commute kind of forces it at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I live on the countryside, next to a forest, beautiful meadows and fields. I have to take a car or bike to go into town or see friends though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. N-I hope you can post photos of where you live sometime! I'd love to see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matt--Here's to finding the best happy medium!

    ReplyDelete